Tuesday, August 26, 2008

8.26.08

Becky & Laurie at Cedar Breaks

Legendary Mountain Biker Tinker Jurez

American Mountain Classic Mtn Bike Stage Race
Brian Head Resort 8/21,22,23,24 08
Morning prep for Stage 2
Stage 1 was a short 6 mile prologue

Prior to start ride around Virgin Rim Trail. North of Zions
Pretty happy at this moment. So naive.

6 hours 10 min. later. 55 miles. 5000 ft. climb. 2 stages down, 2 to go.
Pretty spent.

Stage 3 start. Ryan wondering what the hell I'm doing.

Pros line up front. Amateurs in the back please.

Stage 3 finsih. 6 hours 9 min. 54 miles. 5500 ft climbing. 2 crashes. 1 wrong turn.Way hard.


Becky & Laurie anxiously awaiting the return.

Action photo by BT

Long day. Ryan really wondering now what the hell I'm doing and what was I thinking?
Just get me a coke.

Stage 4. Ready to start. Now I'm wondering what the hell I'm doing. 4 hours later, finished. Quite an experience. Fun to be in the very first mtn. bike stage race in the United States.
Posted by: larry

2 comments:

Tucker Blog said...

amazing job. way to hold up without your official pit crew. i'll never know how you did it without us.

Annie said...

Wow--Larry needs to relax, take it easy, he's really making me feel lazy right now. Did Becky do that entire post by herself? I'm very impressed.