Monday, March 9, 2009

3.09.09

THE RETURN OF THE WOLF....
This weekend we went to St. George for the Wolf's first mountain bike race as the bionic man. The 4 hour car ride was a bit crowded with Chloe, her DVD player, Grant, myself and this growing baby... Grant made Chloe a newspaper hut and fed her grapes to keep her quiet. He must be working on his parenting skills.
Saturday morning was the first race of the season.
...
Wolf with his game face.

At the start, in the front of the pack.

If you ever wonder what the life of the crew members is like, this is basically it. Waiting and supporting, waiting and supporting.


Coming around for the second lap. I think the fist pump is a good sign.


Chloe was only interested in one thing, the entire trip...
getting a tan on that blinding white winter skin.
The finish. The knees are a success with a faster time than last year.
Lisel, Christian, Wolf, Becky, Grant



This is our second trip to In N Out. It's too good to only go to once.

Sunday Larry, Grant and Chloe went on a mountain bike ride.
...
Gstar and C Town

Chloe bombing the hill. What a stud.

8 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so glad to see Larry back in the saddle again. I knew he'd be back and better than ever.

Robyn Cox said...

Way to go Wolf! You are amazing! Looks like a fun and sunny trip to St. George - I'm jealous! Bike on-

VOO said...

Big deal Wolf. Anyone can enter a race. Will you ever win one? I really am glad to see you back on the circut and looking good. I do have a couple of questions though. Why do you mountain bikers dress up like grasshoppers with those weird helmets and gay clothes? Also, is it ture that Hailey fell down on top of the Orem hill and rolled all the way to Payson?

Larry said...

if only they had a Bionic Knees Knee class, I'd take 1st everytime ........

joanne said...

loved seeing you back in your "regular clothes".
Maybe fake knees are better than real knees!
Now, back to the real world, when I can't reach you on your phone, I know where you are!
Way to go!
mom

jackiewankier said...

I am so happy that your knees are working and you are now back on that damn bike..now what will be your excuse for not winning?

Costanza said...

Very nice Bionic Wolf, I'm looking forward to going on a ride soon. You are definitely an inspiration...from surgery to a sandy trail in six months.
Now that I ponder it a little more, you're actually bumming me out. Why do you get faster and I get fatter?
I'm off to spin class...yippeee...

Larry said...

it's only been 4 months.