Tuesday, July 20, 2010

7.20.10

TUESDAY:
Dad, mom and Riley made it home about 7 last night. He said the car ride wasn't too bad and he was just really happy to be home. He is really swollen, I told him he looks like he gained 20 pounds. He's in a lot of pain. We set up a couch and footstool for him to sleep on in their room. I guess he has to sleep sitting up or awhile. I think the next step is to get some heart tests done and to schedule this surgery. He's hoping to do it as soon as possible so he can get on the road to recovery. Thanks for the emails and comments. He's very appreciative. Love to you all.

4 comments:

coco said...

thanks for posting these updates. after being on the couch for 2 full weeks, my heart aches for what he has to go through. we're praying for a successful surgery and a very fast recovery.
xoxo

Jenna Robert said...

I'm sad I didn't get to meet him! Dustin and I will keep him in our prayers. It was so great meeting you all!

Carly said...

Apparently because i live in california my family doesnt find it necessary to fill me in anymore!! So thank you for posting the updates on your Larry. Larry we are praying for you to get better soon! Love ya! Carly and Griffin.

Circus Boy said...

Wolf!!! Glad you are home now. How could this have happened?

I hope you find good ways to sleep. My dad cracked 3 ribs skiing this spring and he couldn't sleep on his side for a couple of months. Seems like you are going to have it a lot worse.

I hope you can get tests and surgery scheduled real soon so you can get on that road to recovery. I hope they are giving you good drugs. Eat lots of fiber though!!! You know what pain drugs do to your system. . . .

Keep us posted. In the meantime, I'm sure not taking for granted riding a bike any more. Thinking of you all the time, Wolf. Stay strong. Keep on the sunny side!

Love,
Skid