Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4.12.11

Monet's First Time Skiing

...

Last Saturday me, Grant, Riley, Becky and Chloe took Monet skiing at Sundance, for her first time. It was really warm and overcast and there was no one there so it was perfect. We tried putting her in the hiking backpack but she didn't want anything to do with that. Then we tried putting on her little goggles but she didn't want anything to do with those either. So we carried her and her eyes were watering, but she was happy and it was all about her having a good experience. (Giving her Skittles on the lift made her extra happy!) I love her little grin. She loved it. When we would stop she would say, "more, more."

She looked like a little doll on the chair lift, so tiny.

We skied for a least an hour. She wanted to go more, but I didn't want to wear her out. I figured better to leave happy and excited for next year. Then she'll be on her own skis.
Afterwards we had lunch and suckers in the deli. (She likes to "cheers" everything.)
I'm so glad that she loved it (even though she doesn't really have a choice in this family!)

...

It was the perfect way to close the ski season.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I wonder if Riley can carry me down the mountain like that! No wonder she had fun. Such darling pictures of all of you.